Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Snow Day Preparations

So I'm sitting in bed right now, watching snow flurries pile up on the ground outside our apartment. Expectations range from 2" to 12", depending on who you ask or what tweet you happen to read. Right now there's about an inch or two, but it's coming down hard.

I am really excited about spending the day at home with John. In anticipation, I gladly accepted two bags of fabric scraps from my mother when we stopped by for a visit on Saturday. Plans include owls, dolls, and some fabric decorations for headbands and skirts. I got out the ironing board yesterday to lay out all the fabrics I really liked, and hopefully I'll get started organizing and storing all the scraps today.

I started making hearts with felt, then sewing a smaller fabric heart onto it. I think I'll use these for a headband.





In addition, I've also been working on my baking skills. Last night was small group, and we were to bring "a dish that begins with the first letter of your first name." So I brought pumpkin walnut bread using Krusteau Pumpkin Bread Mix, adding in walnuts and substituting applesauce for the 1/3 cup of oil the recipe suggested. It turned out really well.


I took the bread to small group, but managed to save John a couple of thick pieces for his breakfast this morning. It was a hit, so I'm thoroughly excited about adding the recipe to my collection. 



Today I'm going to try out a sausage dip recipe that John's mother told me about, and for dinner I hope to find a good salmon recipe (I have some in the freezer I've been thinking about). I hope I have all the ingredients, though, because there is no way I'm leaving the house today...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Words of Wisdom