Sunday, January 9, 2011

Kindling

So it's late Sunday afternoon and I'm reading a blog post by the pastor of Mars Hill Church, Mark Driscoll. If you're not familiar with him, you definitely need to check out his stuff. His sermon series The Peasant Princess was one of the best resources I had during the first steps of my relationship with John. It walks couples through the Song of Solomon, explaining how a God-centered relationship is both lovely and romantic. I loved it, and return to it often for guidance, and sometimes just because I'm sentimental :)





In his latest post, titled "How to Kindle Spirit-Fired Passion," he points to eight key aspects that keep one's faith nurtured. They are:

1. Community
2. Scripture
3. Prayer
4. Worship
5. Giving
6. Serving
7. Obedience
8. Evangelism

My weakness is definitely community, but I'm working on that. Since moving to Fayetteville in June, I've sorta put relationships on the back-burner (with the exception of my husband, of course). I've made a few friendships here and there, but nothing that sticks. If I'm totally honest, I've been kinda lonely, especially in the last few weeks. But I'm trying to make an effort to participate in more stuff around Fayetteville, especially things that happen through our church. The next couple of months will hopefully help me develop a heart for community, for fellowship and for friendship that goes deep. 

Here's the video:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Words of Wisdom