#26 BOOKS I'D LIKE TO READ THIS YEAR
- Elisabeth Elliot's Passion and Purity: Learning Christ's Control and The Path of Loneliness
- Amy Carmichael's If
- A.J. Bueltmann's White Queen of the Cannibals: The Story of Mary Slessor of Calabar
- Jamie Zumwalt's Simple Obsession
- C.S. Lewis' The Screwtape Letters and Mere Christianity
- Carolyn Mahaney's Feminine Appeal (reread)
- Joshua Harris' Dug Down Deep
#27 LESSONS LEARNED
- Marriage is harder than you ever thought it could be, but it's also more rewarding than you could ever imagine.
- At 27, it's still okay to miss your mom sometimes.
- Wax paper is not oven-proof, and it's not the same as parchment paper.
- If you follow the recipe, chances are you can make pretty decent food.
- God blesses us so that we can, in turn, bless others.
- It's completely possible to live without cable television. You'll probably even learn to like it.
- Sometimes, you just have to admit you're wrong.
- Taxes are just inherently evil.
- Every girl likes to dress up every now and then.
#28 VACATIONS TO TAKE
- The Gospel Coalition 2011 in Chicago - yep, we're going. We are super, super, super pumped about this one. Three days of awesome Christian speakers, authors, bloggers, and pastors such as: Matt Chandler, Mark Driscoll, Don Carson, Kevin DeYoung, John Piper, Joshua Harris, Tim Keller, and tons more.
- The Grand Canyon (maybe next year?) - I've never been.
- Seattle - we went for our honeymoon, and I fell in love with it. I want to go back!
- New Zealand - John and I are thinking maybe we'll save up and go for our 25th anniversary. Fingers crossed.
- Switzerland - I so, so, so want to stand in front of Swiss chateaus and nibble on Swiss chocolate...
#29 FAVORITE FOODS
- Favorite Dessert - cheesecake, hands down. On our honeymoon we had red velvet cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory, and I almost melted with happiness. It was the best thing I had ever tasted in my life, and I am pretty sure if I had a week to live I would consume the entire tri-state supply en masse.
- Favorite Vegetable - sweet potatoes. They're delicious in pretty much any form you prepare them: baked whole, baked as fries, mashed, cubed and roasted, boiled....yep, pretty much delicious all the time.
- Favorite Side Dish - broccoli and cheese. Yum.
- Favorite Italian Dish - lasagna. It's been my favorite since I was quite little, and I still love it.
- Favorite Mexican Dish - chicken enchiladas. With sour cream and no guacamole (I'm allergic to avocados).
- Favorite Snack Food - Ritz peanut butter snack crackers.
- Favorite Splurge - Pretzel M&Ms. Especially if they're frozen.
- Favorite New Food - Greek yogurt. I think I like it because it reminds me of cheesecake. I just found it about a month ago and have been seduced by it's health benefits.
- Favorite Coffee - skinny caramel latte from Mama Carmen's on College Ave.