Places to See in Your Town:
- The Farmers' Market - opens April 2, and I am so excited! Local gardeners, vendors, and craftspeople sell their work while local musicians play music for everyone to enjoy.
- Lake Fayetteville - trails for walking, and biking, as well as space for picnics, baseball, and fishing.
- Potter's House Thrift Store - a local thrift store that supports local programs through New Heights Church, including an after-school mentoring and tutoring program for at-risk students.
- First Thursday Fayetteville - an artist showcase, open to the public once a month.
- The University of Arkansas - Go hogs!
- Dickson Street Bookshop - one of the best and oldest bookstores in the area.
- The Little Bread Company - a small, eccentric bakery with fresh, handmade pastries, quiches, desserts, sandwiches, and cookies. Always packed, but worth the wait. I'm going for lunch tomorrow!
- Mount Sequoyah - amazing view of the city and surrounding mountains.
- Pinnacle Station - a gas station that serves gourmet gelato, pizza, and fresh deli items, as well as a substantial stock of organic produce and pantry items. Oh, and they sell gas.