Friday, March 18, 2011

30 Days of Lists - Day Eighteen

Road Trip Necessities


We have taken quite a few road trips this past year (Mena, Tulsa, Sheridan, Michigan, Little Rock, etc.),  so this is a great list for me to write. Here we go...




In the food and drink category:

Chocolate-covered raisins. John and I both adore these, especially the ones from Fleet Farm in Appleton, WI.

Sobe Lifewater (O calories). If I'm in a tough spot, I'll buy a 32 oz. Styrofoam cup w. ice and a sugar-free Red Bull. Mix them together and I'm good for another four hours.


Starbucks. Decaf Caramel Frappuccino for John, nonfat latte for me (or sometimes a Caramel Frappuccino Light) 


John's protein of choice at most gas station stops. I hate the smell, but oh well. He does most of the driving, so I'll deal with it.





In the entertainment category:

We listen to a lot of podcasts. A lot. Our favorites include: Matt Chandler at the Village Church, Tim Keller, some Mark Driscoll, JR Vassar at Apostle's Church in NYC, and Ira Glass' This American Life.


Knitting. I knit an entire scarf (and it was really long, too) on the Michigan road trip. It's great b/c unlike reading, I can carry on a conversation and knit at the same time. And John can play podcasts without feeling like he's distracting me. Good stuff.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Words of Wisdom